With severe flooding affecting Scotland and the North of England, Allianz is issuing the following advice to homeowners:
Following a flood:
- Contamination from floodwater may remain even if the water has gone, so wear wellingtons or rubber gloves if possible.
- Check the building for any signs of damage. Debris or unstable objects could move suddenly and trap you.
- If you are told to wait for the rescue service you should do as instructed. Flooded streets can be dangerous in ways that you cannot immediately see.
- Be warned that a small amount of moving water is enough to sweep you off of your feet.
- Contact your insurer as soon as possible if your property has been damaged. Record as much of the damage as possible, by taking pictures using a camera or smartphone.
- Keep receipts or any paperwork for emergency repair works you may have to make as this will help when you make a claim.
Jeremy Trott, head of operations, claims, Allianz, says: “Flood damage can be devastating for households. If the worst happens we are urging people to take as many photos as possible to help when you come to making a claim.”
More information on recovering from a flood can be found on the Allianz website - https://www.allianz.co.uk/news/recovering-from-a-flood.html
To all our customers who have been affected by the flooding, we are here to help. Please call one of the following numbers for help and advice:
Direct Household: 0344 893 9608
Direct Car: 0344 893 9606
Commercial Property: 0344 412 9988
Commercial Motor: 0344 412 0074
Retail Broker 0344 412 0075
If your claim is less urgent please contact us using one of the following online forms:
Or our MyClaim App: https://www.allianz.co.uk/claims-centre/allianz-myclaim-app.html
Allianz Insurance is one of the largest general insurers in the UK and part of the Allianz SE Group, the largest property and casualty insurer worldwide.
Around 85 million private and corporate customers rely on Allianz's knowledge, global reach, capital strength and solidity to help them make the most of financial opportunities and to avoid and safeguard themselves against risks. In 2014, over 147,000 employees in more than 70 countries achieved total revenues of approximately 122.3bn euros.
Notes to editors:
To download an image of Jeremy Trott, head of operations, please click on the link below under related material.