Allianz Commercial has today launched its new wholesale and retail proposition to the UK broker market. The offering provides bespoke cover and service elements tailored to the individual needs of wholesale and retail businesses as well as sector-specific advice services and full risk management support.
Allianz’s wholesale and retail proposition is the first of a suite of new propositions aimed at clients with a property and casualty premium of £10,000 - £100,000 intended to increase its property and casualty footprint in the mid-corporate sector.
Available to brokers and their clients from Allianz’s 14 regional branch locations, Allianz’s team of wholesale and retail experts will be available to offer technical advice to brokers on a variety of issues. Anita Gough, Allianz’s property & casualty manager, is to provide underwriting expertise, and risk control surveyor, Steve Sandalls, is the dedicated point of contact for risk management advice. In addition, technical claims manager, Jim Robins, will provide brokers with expertise on all wholesale and retail claims matters.
Key benefits of the proposition include:
- Trade Specific Cover Extensions - automatically included free of charge
- Disaster Recovery Protection - to help wholesale and retail businesses to get back up and running in the event of an incident leaving the insured’s premises unfit for ongoing occupation
- Bespoke Service Elements - Free or discounted access to a range of services, such as a 24/7 legal helpline and online legal advice service, engineering inspection and consultancy, health and safety toolkit, in addition to Allianz’s first-class claims handling service
- Sector-specific Risk Management Guidance - market-leading risk management advice and access to Allianz’s 'Ask the Expert' online service.
Neil Clutterbuck, director, underwriting and technical, Allianz Insurance, commented: “We have always had a broad appetite in the Commercial insurance market place. Our bespoke wholesale and retail proposition is the first in a number of planned steps to make major inroads into specific sectors.
"Add to this our great branch network, populated with technically qualified underwriters and supported by a strong claims service gives us, we believe, a compelling proposition.”
1. Allianz Insurance is one of the largest general insurers in the UK and part of the Allianz SE Group, the largest property and casualty insurer worldwide.
Around 83 million private and corporate customers rely on Allianz's knowledge, global reach, capital strength and solidity to help them make the most of financial opportunities and to avoid and safeguard themselves against risks.
In 2013, around 148,000 employees in over 70 countries achieved total revenue of 110.8 billion euros.