The employees of Allianz Insurance have selected Mind, the leading mental health charity and their sister charity SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health), as their new charity partner.
The partnership, starting on 1 February, will initially last three years and will see local fundraising activities take place at Allianz offices across the UK to support the charity’s work.
Allianz employees have set themselves the ambitious target of raising £1 million to help the charity’s campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding of mental health.
Jon Dye, CEO, Allianz UK said:
“This is a really exciting new partnership and we are delighted to be supporting Mind and SAMH. At Allianz, we provide confidence in an uncertain world for our customers and so I see a real synergy between our ability to create resilience through our products and services and the work that Mind do in creating resilience and helping people stay mentally well in difficult times.
“We’re proud of the work we do in supporting our employees and customers through challenging circumstances. This includes the provision of employee helplines, a comprehensive wellbeing programme, training for line managers and as well as psychological support for our customers. However this partnership will benefit both organisations as we aim to expand the support we have in place at Allianz whilst fundraising locally across the UK for this national charity.”
Paul Farmer, Chief Executive of Mind, said:
“We are thrilled Allianz employees voted Mind as their charity partner. The company’s support will help us to reach a point where anyone with a mental health problem feels able to ask for, and access, the help they need.”
Mind and SAMH were selected following a staff vote reaching 5,000 Allianz UK employees. Allianz previously reached its £1 million target for its former charity partner, Air Ambulances UK.
The information contained in this press release relates to Allianz Insurance plc. Allianz Insurance plc is one of the largest general insurers in the UK and part of the Allianz Group.
The Allianz Group is one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 88 million retail and corporate customers. Allianz Group customers benefit from a broad range of personal and corporate insurance services, ranging from property, life and health insurance to assistance services to credit insurance and global business insurance. Allianz Group is one of the world’s largest investors, managing over 650 billion euros on behalf of its insurance customers while our asset managers Allianz Global Investors and PIMCO manage an additional 1.4 trillion euros of third-party assets. Thanks to our systematic integration of ecological and social criteria in our business processes and investment decisions, we hold the leading position for insurers in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In 2017, over 140,000 employees in more than 70 countries achieved total revenue of 126 billion euros and an operating profit of 11 billion euros for the group.
- Mind, the mental health charity provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding and won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect. www.mind.org.uk
- Please note that Mind is not an acronym and should be set in title case.
- Mind has a confidential information and support line, Mind Infoline, available on 0300 123 3393 (lines open 9am - 6pm, Monday – Friday)
- Please contact the Mind Media Team for interviews or further information on 02085221743. For out of hours support please call 07850788514 or email the media team on email@example.com.
- For access to a range of free images to accompany mental health news stories please visit: http://www.time-to-change.org.uk/getthepicture. These images have been developed by the anti-stigma campaign Time to Change, run by the charities.